Sunday, November 4, 2012

Photo references and explanation project 5

A day in the life of Sasha
(My little girl...I mean dog ;]):

I chose to create a collage based upon a day in the life of my dog, Sasha. She is currently living with my parents, so she is on my mind quite a bit; I just thought she would be some amusing inspiration. She is the first dog I have ever cared for on my own, so she is very important to me. I mean, what mother wouldn't want to do "a day in the life of" their own child? I want this collage to be fun and full of happy bright colors and playful sketches...almost like its a collage of the things your children would draw, but not really...if that makes sense. Although she is a dog, she is very active and has lots of fun things to do during her day, such as search for "froggy", play frisbee, walk, eat, watch planet earth, nap, bark, play with my other dog Beau, and cool off in the pool, etc. I would like to sketch the more basic things like her food bowl and "froggy", treats, and her leash (possibly even her), but I will be using the actual photos of her, dog food, planet earth, and her frisbee to balance the composition. I would also like to add some muddy paw print drawings, possibly trailing around the page, either in the order of which she does things or just sporadically to symbolize her craziness. I have also been thinking about using grass for either the full background or pieces of it, to illustrate how much she likes to be outside and to add some texture. My goal is to come up with a final collage that embodies Sasha’s most favorite day-to-day activities.
















No comments:

Post a Comment