Monday, November 5, 2012

A Day in the Life

-->



        I chose to do “A day in the life of” a little differently. I’ve always been passionate about changing and being aware of social injustices; so after a brief moment of inspiration, I decided that I would like for this project to also be a way that I could express myself and my concern for others. My day in the life depicts some things a sex slave or captive in human trafficking may go through. It’s definitely a dark topic, but it needs to be told.  The stories of the people involved in this lifestyle are all so varied and cannot really be summed up in a small paragraph. I’ll do my best to depict the tragedies involved in the typical lifestyle of a person involved in this modern day slavery. I hope to do this by taking pictures of Barbie dolls, human subject matter, or both. I’d like to photograph street corners, traffic lights, stop signs, abandoned alleys, and places that look lonely. I have a variety of “sayings” that I’d like to overlay onto the photos I take. All texts would be handwritten. One would mimic a large bold marker- so the letters would be brash and “in your face.” Another example of one of the texts I would use would be handwritten like a message from one of the captives. I could also write in a way so that it would appear to be a message from a child- because a lot of children are used as the preferred sex slaves in some countries. It’s a disgusting practice, and I just want people to know that it goes on, and it happens in areas that are close to home, not just in foreign countries. 

                                                            "A day in the life of a sex slave."









































No comments:

Post a Comment