Sunday, November 18, 2012

editorial imagery






The article I chose is called “Beyonce's sister claims 'Discrim-FRO-nation'” from CNN.com. This article stood out to me because I thought it could be a lot of fun to make images for it. In the article it explains how Beyonce’s sister, Solange Knowles had to have her afro searched by TSA in the Miami airport. I think it is an interesting article because although it is not about a world event, or something very important, the word 'Discrim-FRO-nation' caught my eye. In the article there are tweets replying to Knowles post and it adds a comedic tone to it.
                I want to make my image reflect the comedic tone so I will take a picture of an afro and put different objects in it, or possibly put a red circle with a slash through it. I was also thinking of making it into a pictogram as if you could possibly see it in an airport or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment