Monday, November 19, 2012

I've chosen an article about concussions in football. Specifically youth football because this hits close to home with me because my older son began playing full contact football this past season.  I personally (obviously) am unopposed to him playing, but this does not mean I am unconcerned about this issue, quite the contrary, I believe starting off at the youth age groups is the much better way to help prevent concussions.  At the youth level teams are divided primarily by weight and the majority of the boys are still learning to move at any decent rate of speed.  I believe that throwing them in at say the high school level without teaching them the fundamentals of heads up shoulder tacking is a much bigger way to increase concussions. So my concept is to try and show an "impact" and incorporate a brain interspersed with images of youth and higher competition levels.  The challenge is keeping it graphically simple enough that the concept comes across without over muddling the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment