Monday, November 19, 2012

Editorial Imagery Research & Thumbnails

http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/18/opinion/greene-black-friday/index.html?hpt=us_c1

I have chosen an article on Black Friday. The article talks about how the day has turned into a holiday that is observed across America just like any other holiday. Further, how Black Friday has started to overlap into Thanksgiving day and remove the meaning behind that day, which is to stir a feeling of appreciation and giving. Instead, people are thinking of shopping and sales. I have experienced this transfer first hand, as recently, Black Friday ads and coupons and such have been brought to the Thanksgiving table. Instead of "pass the green beans", we hear "pass the Sears ad".

I have a few ideas for the project. I would like to show traditional Thanksgiving images, but mix in images to suggest the anticipation of Black Friday taking importance over Thanksgiving day. Possibly a calendar with Black Friday very decorated/circled, while Thanksgiving isn't noted. I will show my few ideas in the thumbnails.

Depending on which route I choose, I will shoot a photo of thanksgiving dinner, a calendar, or the lines of people on Black Friday.














No comments:

Post a Comment