Sunday, November 25, 2012

Editorial Final Project

(250 words) (Super late)

I chose to do my last project over Ashlyn Blocker. One of my earliest memories of super powers, besides the Power Puff Girls, was the idea of not being able to feel pain. ( This was my first grade year, so I did not really think it through.) I thought it was the one to trump all the other super powers. But, really, it's only cool if you have the power of regeneration.
   But a few years after this thought, I saw a segment on the news, or a morning show, of a girl who couldn't feel any pain, Ashlyn Blocker. She was four or five years old at the time, and her parents talked about how she would run into furniture and not even be phased by jamming her finger in a drawer. It totally amazed me. She could feel no pain. She could feel pressure, like a hug or a high-five, but she could not feel extreme high or low temperatures or things like being stabbed or feeling an internal injury, like a broken limb. The doctors labled her disorder as "Congenital insensitivity to pain", and that's all they could do.
   For this article, I want to portray a girl not giving a care in the world while she's being stabbed or pain is being inflicted on her somehow.





 ...I wonder what Google must think of me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment