Monday, October 15, 2012

Museum Poster Research

Jose Luigi Martinez
For El Paso Museum of Art
I enjoy these because of the simplicity and the emphasis on Texas culture and influences specific to that museum in El Paso.

Aeson Chen
National Palace Museum
I really like the detail used in these posters, and how the dragon is centered with off centered writing at the top left hand corner. The colors are minimal and reflect the exhibit well.

Angela Norlen
Walker Museum
I mainly like this poster because of the tri-color scheme she used. Also the angular shapes she adds in the background make an illusion of alot going on when really there isn't much.

Ben Tautfest
Dallas Museum of Art
I love love love these two posters because he uses watercolor and black and white illustrations in both, (both mediums I love). The water colors make perfect bright and blended backgrounds and his illustrations pop right out from all those bright colors.

William Sommer
Cleveland Art Center
I am drawn to the horse in this poster because of its simplicity and very smooth curves. The whole poster uses a minimalism color palette and has tons of movement.

James Flames
Amplified Art Gallery
I enjoy this poster because of the intense illustration going on. I love all the line work and detail in the main picture and how its only a few colors but catches ones eye so quickly. The black is also a nice effect.


Star Wars Identities
I love Star Wars a little too much, so of course I love these posters! I love how they focus on easily recognizable characters and have them made up from places or things that share their background story. Its great to have the fan stop and really analyze all that's going on in each individual head shot. A great poster series!



No comments:

Post a Comment