Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Travel Posters


I couldn't choose between these two posters, so I just uploaded both. First and foremost, I chose the Grand Canyon as my main subject value, because I've always wanted to camp and kayak there. I chose the bottom poster, because it has a very realistic take on the shadow of the canyon. The fact that there are people kayaking on the poster was of particular interest as well; I didn't just want a simple and/or collective Grand Canyon shot. I think the practice of showing the overall view of the canyon almost takes away from its magnificence. Here you can see the varying rich red clay colors of the canyon walls, the river, the adventurers, and the depth of the canyon from the viewers eye to the main peek. I chose the second, because it reads more abstract in comparison to many of the other posters. I love the cool colors and the flowing lines, and when I think of camping one of the fist things I think of is the morning and the night skys. With this poster, I feel like you're killing two birds with one stone; it's like a double feature of two amazing sights: the Milky Way and the Grand Canyon.

No comments:

Post a Comment