Sunday, November 4, 2012

A Day in the Life of Photo References



For this composition I chose to do a day in the life of a dragon. But, I do not want it to be what people usually think of when they think of a dragon. Which is the evil scary fire-breathing dragon. That is too simple. Instead, I would like to portray the dragon in a much different way. I would like to show it as being loving and/or playful. I would like to have both a baby dragon and mom dragon. The baby dragon has just broken out of its shell and the mom dragon gets to see her baby for the first time. I may also do a baby dragon along side another dragon that is ready to play as soon as he hatched. For the background I plan to do a mystical forest. 

I plan on taking pictures of scenic backgrounds somewhere on campus or on a trail. I would like to find an area that would best go with this composition. I will most likely take a few pictures and collage them together to get them the way I want it to be. I will also manipulate the colors of the background to be blue or purple to give it a more mystical feel. 

For my hand illustrations, I plan to draw the baby dragon breaking out of its shell, the mom dragon, and the playful dragon. The mom dragon will either be hovering above the baby dragon or curving around it. I will also hand write the text for this composition in order to get the feel that I want for it.








No comments:

Post a Comment